Ajax v Benfica betting tips
Ajax started well in Lisbon and went ahead in the 18th minute when Noussair Mazraoui’s cross found Dusan Tadic, who delivered a sweet finish into the far corner. Sebastian Haller then took centre stage, first putting through his own net eight minutes later as he diverted Jan Vertonghen’s low cross in.
The first leg ended 2-2 so it is all to play for here but it is Ajax who look the stronger side and have the greater recent European experience. The Dutch team should have won in Portugal and will fancy their chances of getting the job done so back a home victory and both teams to score.
- Ajax have scored four goals in back-to-back home European games
- Benfica have lost five of their last six knockout round trips in this competition
- The Portuguese side have seen BTTS in nine of their last 10
- Ajax’s last four European games have seen both teams score
- Ajax have scored the most number of goals in the Eredivisie – 74, while only two other squads have even managed to score more than 50.
- They have lost just thrice at home in the past twelve-month period.
- Meanwhile, Benfica have scored the most number of goals in the Primeira Liga.
- They have lost just against two teams on the road this whole season – in all competitions. Porto, and Bayern Munich.
In this match, Ajax can and should stay in control for long periods of time and should be able to convert a few of the chances that they create. However, Benfica may well struggle to break down their defence – but, we do see them being dangerous at times, too.
Bet €10, Get € 30 Free Bets!
888’s staff and service team are excellent. They have come a long way from the poor support players experience from the li...