AS Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk betting tips
Roma won 4 of their last 6 matches, lost 1 match and 1 match ended in a draw. Shakhtar Donetsk won 3 of their last 6 matches, lost 2 matches and 1 match ended in a draw.
The last game between Roma and Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League in 2018 and ended with a 1-0 win for Roma.
Roma striker Edin Dzeko is set to be sidelined again on Thursday, having sat out the weekend’s win over Genoa. Europa League regular Borja Mayoral will continue in the central striker’s role.
One of a customarily burgeoning Brazilian-born contingent, Ukraine international Marlos should start in support of Junior Moraes.
- Shakhtar have managed three clean sheets in the last 11 Europa League matches.
- Away side have two wins in five away Europa League matches.
- Six of Roma’s last nine home matches in this competition have produced over 2.5 goals.
- Roma have scored two or more in five of their last six Europa League matches.
- Roma have 11 wins in 15 home matches across all competitions.
A look at their most recent head to head meetings dating back to 12/09/2006 tells us that Roma have won 2 of these games and Shakhtar Donetsk 4, with the number of drawn results being 0.
A combined sum of 17 goals were shared by the two clubs in these games, with 8 for i Giallorossi and 9 for Hirnyky. That’s an average goals per game figure of 2.83.