Chelsea v Real Madrid 06.04.2022 betting tips
After a shock 4-1 home defeat to Brentford in the Premier League on Saturday, Blues boss Thomas Tuchel will need to rally the troops for Wednesday’s game. They have two clean sheets in their last five matches and three of the five matches have produced over 2.5 goals. Both sides have scored in three of Chelsea’s last five matches but they will be banking more on their home form in the Champions League, having managed five straight clean sheets and scored two or more goals in four of the five matches. This is not the first meeting with Real Madrid in recent times. In the run up to winning the title last season, Chelsea beat Real 2-0 in the return leg after a 1-1 draw earlier.
Real Madrid will certainly have revenge on their mind as their hope for Champions League number 14 last season was halted by Chelsea at the semi-final stage. And Los Blancos will have a lot of confidence going into this game. Carlo Ancelotti’s side looked down and out in the Champions League last 16. Losing 2-0 on aggregate with 30 minutes left in the tie but a Karim Benzema hat-trick helped them turn things around and dump Paris Saint-Germain out.
Chelsea v Real Madrid key facts
The Blues will be without Ben Chilwell and Callum Hudson-Odoi who has a back problem and a sore Achilles. Christian Pulisic sat out the defeat against Brentford and might replace Timo Werner down the left.
- Real Madrid looked poor in defeats at PSG and at home to Barcelona
- Chelsea have won 11 of 15 Champions League games under Tuchel
- The German has gone unbeaten in five meetings with Spanish sides while Chelsea boss
- The Blues have won six of their last seven matches
- Karim Benzema has eight goals in four matches
- Real Madrid have won six of their last seven matches
- Each of Real’s last five matches has produced over 2.5 goals.
- Chelsea have scored two or more in four of their last five Champions League matches at home.
- Chelsea have five clean sheets at home in the Champions League.
The Spaniards will be without Eden Hazard who went under the knife a week ago. Luka Jovic has an ankle problem. Eder Militao is walking a tight rope and another yellow card would end his participation in the second leg.
Bet now and get your bonus from ours recomandation: