Man City v Atletico Madrid 05.04.2022 betting tips
Man City have won three of their four meetings with Spanish clubs in the Champions League under Pep Guardiola while suffering one loss, with those being the most recent three. Their only meeting with a La Liga side in the knockout stages of the competition under Guardiola came in 2019/20. They eliminated Real Madrid in the Round of 16 (4-2 on aggregate). City have only lost one of their last nine Champions League games beyond the group stage (seven wins and one draw), with that defeat coming against Chelsea in last season’s final.
- Atletico Madrid have won each of their last six games
- Atletico won 1-0 at Old Trafford in the last round, their third win in four European trips
- Diego Simeone knocked out Bayern Munich in Guardiola’s final season in Germany
- Atletico Madrid have won each of their last four away games
- Both sides have scored in five of Manchester City’s last eight Champions League matches.
- Manchester City have two clean sheets in their last eight Champions League matches.
- Both sides have scored in four of Atletico’s last eight Champions League matches.
- Five of Atletico’s eight Champions League matches have produced under 2.5 goals.
- Atletico have two clean sheets in their eight Champions League matches.
Man City’s treble hopes will be tested over the next two weeks, as they face double headers against Atletico Madrid and Liverpool. The Citizens are going head to head with the Reds for domestic glory, while they have a massive test in the last eight of the Champions League.
With a completely injury-free group ready to go, the Atlético Madrid manager Diego Simeone does not have any fitness concerns whatsoever ahead of this clash.
Get 100% welcome bonus
22Bet casino and sportsbook offer punters in Arab countries a unique, localised gambling experience. Unlike generic casino...