Manchester City v Dortmund betting tips
Manchester City will play host to Borussia Dortmund at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday for the first leg of the quarter-final of the UEFA Champions League.
Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund have not played each other recently. Manchester City won 5 of their last 6 matches and lost 1 match. Borussia Dortmund won 2 of their last 6 matches, lost 2 matches and 2 matches ended in a draw. Both teams have scored in Borussia Dortmunds last 4 matches.
We can point to Manchester City’s strong defensive record but Haaland has demonstrated that he can find a way past the very best. He’s scored 33 goals in 32 appearances across all competitions this season – it seems rare we can get odds as good as this for him to strike again. For City the only blip since December was a 2-0 defeat against Manchester United in March. Pep Guardiola’s side bounced back with a 5-2 home win against Southampton and have won their last four without conceding.
- Dortmund have won the first leg in just one of their six quarter-final ties in this competition
- Erling Haaland has scored in his last six Champions League games
- City have won 26 of their last 27 games
- The visitors have scored in their last 37 games
- Man City have won by 2+ goals in their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Man City have kept 7 consecutive clean sheets (UEFA Champions League).
- Man City have won to nil in 6 of their last 7 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Borussia Dortmund have conceded 2+ goals in 4 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
These clubs met in the 2012/13 UEFA Champions League group stage. The first match in Manchester ended in a 1-1 draw with Borussia Dortmund winning 1-0 in Germany.