Newcastle v Wolves 08.04.2022 betting tips
Newcastle United have another tough outing in the Premier League, this time at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers as they look to rise from a three-game losing run. Going into this game, Newcastle have 31 points, in 15th place while Wolves have 49 points, in eighth place. The Magpies are probably safe now, nine points off the bottom three with eight games remaining, although their recent loss will remind supporters just how wide the gap is between their side and those towards the top of the Premier League.
Wolves boss Bruno Lage had a big job on his hands when he was appointed last summer. Predecessor Nuno Espirito Santo had transformed the team, taking them from the Championship and establishing them in the top flight. Last weekend, Wolves beat Midlands rivals Aston Villa 2-1 at Molineux with Jonny opening the scoring before an own goal proved to be the difference.
Newcastle v Wolves key points
- Wolverhampton boast a slight upper hand in this fixture, claiming five wins from the last 18 meetings.
- Newcastle have picked up four wins in this period, while the spoils have been shared on nine occasions.
- Wolves are unbeaten in the last eight meetings between the two teams, stretching back to a 1-0 defeat in 2017.
- Newcastle United are coming from three straight losses.
- Newcastle United have no clean sheet in their last five matches.
- Both teams have scored in three of Newcastle’s last five matches.
- Both teams have scored in the last five meetings between these two sides.
- Three of Wolves’ last five matches have produced over 2.5 goals.
Wolves are still just about in the argument for a top-four finish this season, currently sitting eighth in the table, just five points behind fourth-placed Tottenham, having played a match more than the North London club. Assuming Crystal Palace don’t win the FA Cup, seventh place will be to see Wolves return to Europe for the second time in three seasons.
Bet now and get your bonus here:
100% on your first deposit up to €200 to use on Sports
Make Your first deposit and select your Welcome Offer: Select 100% first deposit bonus on Sports to receive - the 100% o...