Porto v Chelsea betting tips
CHELSEA will still be reeling from their stunning defeat at home to West Brom at the weekend, but they have the perfect chance of making amends when they face Porto in Seville in this Champions League quarter final first leg.
Porto knocked out Juventus, Cristiano Ronaldo and all in the last round, but it came at a cost with key men Mehdi Taremi and Portuguese midfielder Sergio Oliveira both suspended.
The Blues are in the top four of the PL table this term as it stands. A man reborn under Tuchel, Chelsea’s Hakim Ziyech, is finding the back of the net in crucial games. The clash with his counterpart, Porto striker Moussa Marega, will probably constitute a couple of goals in ninety minutes.
- The visitor has recorded four of the last five overall wins.
- Their previous encounter gave a 2-0 home win for the Blues.
- Both teams have scored in five of their last eight fixtures.
- The host has only two wins from their overall eight meetings.
- None of their recent five matches have ended in a draw.
- The Dragons have lost only one of their four clashes at home.
Last game between the teams: 09.12.2015 Champions League: Chelsea – Porto 2:0; Ivan Marcano 12’(own goal), Willian 52’
Last game at this venue: 29.09.2015 Champions League: Porto – Chelsea 2:1; Andre 39’, Maicon 52’; Willian 45’
FC Porto won 4 of their last 6 matches, lost 1 match and 1 match ended in a draw. Chelsea won 4 of their last 6 matches, lost 1 match and 1 match ended in a draw.