Valencia v Villarreal betting tips
Valencia and Villarreal face each other at Estadio de Mestalla in the opening match of the La Liga day 26. Valencia’s struggles have seen them claim just three wins from their last 15 La Liga fixtures. Villarreal are also coming off a defeat as they lost 2-0 at home to Atletico Madrid last time out in La Liga.
- have won their last 2 home matches
- are undefeated in 28 of their last 32 home matches
- have drawn 3 of their last 6 home matches
- are undefeated in 10 of their last 11 away matches
- are undefeated in 13 of their last 15 matches (all competitions)
- have drawn 9 of their last 16 matches
- have drawn their last 3 away matches
Home team have a 22-19 advantage against Villarreal with 10 draws in 51 matches. Valencia won four in a row before Villarreal won the last two, including 2-1 at home this season.
Villarreal are just two points off the European places and will be hoping to put together a string of positive results to fire them up the table. They will feel fairly confident heading to the Mestalla having avoided defeat in their last four away matches.