Wales v Austria 24.03.2022, beting tips
Wales has only taken part in one World Cup, the 1958 edition. Over the course of their last 11 World Cup 2021 home matches, Wales have been involved in no fewer than 11 contests in which under 3.5 goals have been netted, so achieving consistency has not proven too difficult on this front. As for Austria, they have now been involved in 15 top-flight away fixtures in a row containing three goals or fewer.
The Cardiff City Stadium is braced for a mouthwatering match-up between Wales and Austria, with both nations vying to reach the winter World Cup. Neither quite managed to top their respective groups in Europe’s qualifiers, so their avenue to Qatar will be via the play-offs, starting with the semi-finals on Thursday.
- Three of Austria’s last five away matches in World Cup qualification have ended in under 2.5 goals.
- Austria have one clean sheet in their last five matches.
- Wales are unbeaten in three straight games against Austria.
- Eight of Wales’ last 10 World Cup qualification home matches have ended in under 2.5 goals.
- Wales are unbeaten in seven matches.
Wales vs Austria Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 1-0 win for Wales.
- They had won two of the past three meetings.
- The last they lost against this rival was in 2005.
- In the past five decades, only once have the Welsh squad lost at home.
Wales had lost just once all through the First Round. This sole loss had come on the road, against Belgium. Which means, they have an unbeaten streak at home in this World Cup Qualification campaign. Meanwhile, Austria could manage just two wins on the road in this campaign. And the victories had come against minnows Moldova, and Faroe Islands.
Get 100% welcome bonus
22Bet casino and sportsbook offer punters in Arab countries a unique, localised gambling experience. Unlike generic casino...