Newcastle have won 40% of their last 20 home league games and Fulham have lost 25% of their last 20 away league games.
The last time Fulham won away in the league was 2 games ago against Leicester. The last time Newcastle lost a home league game was 2 matches ago against Chelsea.
Newcastle last kept a clean sheet at home 11 games ago, and have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 20 home games. Fulham last failed to score away in the league 1 games ago and have missed the net in 6 of their last 20 away league games.
Of the 8 league games Newcastle has won at home, they scored first 6 times. Of the 5 away games Fulham has lost, they conceded first 5 times.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last five Premier League home games against Fulham (W3 D2), with the last such fixture ending 0-0 in December 2018.
- Fulham have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League meetings with Newcastle, as many as they had in their first 21 games against them in the competition.
- Newcastle United have won their final league match before Christmas in 10 of their last 15 seasons (D3 L2) and are unbeaten in their last five (W3 D2) since a 0-1 defeat to Sunderland in December 2014.
- Newcastle are without a clean sheet in their last 10 Premier League home games, since beating Sheffield United 3-0 back in June. However, the Magpies have won three of their last five at St James’ Park (L2).
- Newcastle are the first team to play all three promoted sides in three consecutive Premier League games since Manchester United in September 2014, who drew 0-0 with Burnley, beat QPR 4-0 and lost 3-5 against Leicester City under Louis van Gaal.
- Fulham are looking to keep back-to-back Premier League clean sheets for the first time since April 2019 (three in a row); the Cottagers have only two clean sheets in their last 43 away matches in the top-flight, though one of those was at Newcastle in December 2018.
- In their last match against Leeds, Newcastle conceded five goals in a top-flight league match against a newly promoted side for the first time since August 1958 against Blackburn. The Magpies have shipped 21 goals in their opening 12 league games, their most since conceding 22 in 2015/16, when they went on to be relegated.
- Fulham are the only side yet to concede from outside the box in the Premier League this season. In their last campaign in the competition, the Cottagers were one of five sides to concede at least 10 goals from distance.
- This is Newcastle boss Steve Bruce’s first match against Fulham since losing 0-1 in the 2018 Championship play-off final with Aston Villa – he has, however, won his last four home league matches against the Cottagers.
- Newcastle’s Callum Wilson registered his 10th goal involvement – an assist for Jeff Hendrick – in his 11th Premier League appearance for the club against Leeds (7 goals, 3 assists), the quickest English player to reach double figures for goals/assists in the Premier League for the Magpies since Alan Shearer in October 1996 (10th match).
Newcastle won their last meeting with Fulham with a 4-0 at Craven Cottage back in May 2019, rubbing the salt into the wounds of their relegation. But Fulham were unbeaten (three wins, one draw) in the four meetings prior to that, managing a league double when they were both in the Championship back in 2017/18.
32 total views, 2 views today