Scott Parker spent two years at Tottenham as a player (£5.6m signings from West Ham in 2011). Another year building up coaching experience with their under-18s after his 2017 retirement.
Wednesday sees him return in the visiting dugout for the first time in their state-of-the-art stadium, but both he and his players cannot get overawed by the occasion.
Jose Mourinho’s side were originally to take on Aston Villa on Wednesday night, but due to a COVID-19 outbreak at Villa Park, that match was postponed.
Tottenham have a great head-to-head record against Fulham, winning 32 of the pair’s last 55 encounters in all competitions. In recent years Spurs have dominated their matches against Fulham, securing five wins from the duo’s last five meetings.
The two teams last met in January 2019 for a Premier League tie at Craven Cottage, which Spurs won 2-1 thanks to a stoppage-time strike from Harry Winks.
- Fulham have drawn their last four Premier League matches.
- Spurs have won eight of their last nine matches against Fulham.
- Under 2.5 goals have been scored in Fulham’s last five league games.
- Tottenham have won 10 of their last 11 Premier League games against Fulham, losing the other 0-1 at White Hart Lane in March 2013.
- Since a 2-1 home win in November 2008, Fulham haven’t scored more than once in any of their last 13 Premier League meetings with Tottenham (W1 D2 L10), netting seven goals in total in this run.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League London derbies (W3 D4) since losing 1-2 at Chelsea in February.
30 total views, 2 views today